Pre-Shipment Health Requirements
State of Hawaii
Pre-shipment Requirements; Horses for entry shall be accompanied by a health certificate issued by an accredited veterinarian or a state or federal veterinary officer within seven day before shipment. The certificate shall give a description of each animal, including breed, sex, age and identifying marks or scars, and shall certify that the horses described:
- Are free from external parasites and symptoms of transmissible diseases and have not had recent exposure to theses diseases;
- Have originated in an area in which equine encephalomyelitis has not occurred in the sixth-month period immediately preceding the date of shipment;
- Have been inoculated by an accredited veterinarian with one or more doses, as recommended by the manufacturer, or of a USDA-approved equine encephalomyelitis vaccine to provide protection against the type or types of equine encephalomyelitis experienced in the area of origin. The date or dates of vaccination shall be state on the certificate. The animals shall not be eligible for shipment until a minimum period of fifteen days has elapsed following completion of the vaccination procedure;
- Have been tested and found negative to the Coggins or other USDA-approved test for equine infectious anemia at a state, federal, or private laboratory accredited by the USDA to conduct this test within ninety days before shipment. The results, date of test and name of the laboratory shall be stated on the certificate; and
- Have been completely sponged or sprayed, thoroughly wetting the mane and tail, under the supervision of a state, federal, or accredited veterinarian in the state of origin with a USDA-approved pesticide, within seven days before shipment.
- Pesticides, Parasiticides and Insecticides for use on Horses
- Adams Fly Spray and Repellent with Permethrin: Concentrate or spray produced by Pfizer
- Adams Fly Repellent Lotion with Pyrethrin: Lotion produced by Pfizer
- Buzz Off Equine Spray and Rub-On: Methoxychlor, pyrethrin active ingredients, produced by Bio-Ceutic
- Buzz Off II: Long acting water base concentrated Permectrin stable emulsion, permethrin active ingredient; produced by Bio-Ceutic
- CatronIV: Permethrin spray produced by Boehringer Ingelheim Vemedica, Inc.
- Co-Ral (Coumaphos) Emulsifieable livestock insecticide: organophosphate concentrate produced by Bayer
- Co-Ral (Coumaphos) fly and tick spray: organophosphate spray produced by Bayer
- Equine Spray: long acting water base permethrin emulsion produced by Anchor
- Flea and tick spray: pyrethrin spray produced by Vedco
- Horsecare Permeth 5 fly spray: permethrin emulsion produced by DurVet
- Permethrin .25% dust for Livestock produced by Agrilabs
- Permethrin 10% emulsifiable concentrate produced by DurVet
- Pro-Edge Horse spray and wipe: pyrethrins produced by Aspen
- Prozap Malathion 57EC: Malathion concentrate produced by Loveland
- 1% Vapona Insecticide: Dichlorvos spray produced by DurVet
- Isolation, pending negative Coggins test, 45 to 60 days after entry will be required.
For more details on importation regulations either call the Hawaii Department of Agriculture’s Animal Industry Division at (808) 483-7100 or go to the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture web page at http://www.hawaiiag.org.
PLEASE FAX OR MAIL A COPY OF ALL COGGINS & HEALTH CERTIFICATES TO OUR OFFICE FOR REVIEW AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO SHIPMENT AND BE SURE TO SEND THE PINK COPY WITH THE HORSE IN TRANSIT
PACIFIC AIRLIFT, INC.
PO Box 3707
Clovis, CA 93613-3707
|Toll Free:||(800) 797-7820|